November 28, 2005

It's Over

It's finally over, the culmination of 2 years of pre-U education. Strangely, there's little joy. In fact, I felt a tinge of sadness when the Bio S paper ended today. It's a strange feeling, because I usually feel happy on the last day of exams, big or small. Probably because I know I didn't perform to my standard, and expectations.

No use crying over spilt milk, really. It's disappointing, but sometimes things just don't go your way, and that's part of life. I have had lots of luck in the past 18 years, perhaps it's time Lady Luck smiled on someone else? I am learning to kan4 kai1 ba, I think I am trying too hard to live up to expectations, when actually I am satisfied with just being above average. Ok I know some of you aren't gonna believe it, but that's the truth. Like people thought I would be sad coz I didn't top my primary school in PSLE when I topped prelims, but I was like: hello, I already scored so well, I dun have to be top to be happy ok.

I am competitive, but I know my limitations, so I am happy as long as I have done my best, and done well, regardless of whether there are pple better than me. Hmmm so please stop saying I'm hypocritical when I tell you that I know I wun/didn't do well, coz I mean it. At least that's what I truthfully think, though the results may not always turn out tt way. Hopefully.

On a brighter note, the fact that As have ended is beginning to sink in. I think I will put the As behind me and enjoy life for the next month or so before I start charging up hills and (dis)assembling rifles. Will still have to train up though, think my muscles are degenerating from lack of exertion, and my stamina is... horrendous. But now that I have no other greater distractions (except the TV, comp. and more entertainment), I can devote more time and effort to "improving my fitness" and "shaping up" for NS. Not exactly my favourite activities, but I'd rather suffer now than in NS.

Went with ze jia n aik joon to orchard today. AJ brought along his little niece, who is cute, but behaves too much like a spoilt little princess. AJ kept lamenting that children are troublesome, and I fully agree. So sian lugging a little princess around when you're trying to shop or do anything (like watch NC16/M18 movies). Had lunch at pasta and watched Zathura, spent like >20 bucks today. Gosh, I'm broke. Anw Zathura was fun, keeps you at the edge of your seat most of the movie (coz u nv know what would be the next "Z" card to pop out), but I thought the brotherhood plotline was too contrived and superficial. Well the reviewers liked it (it got 4 stars vs GOF's 3.5), and it's a pretty good movie, worth watching if you have watched GOF and are waiting for King Kong and Narnia.

Hmmm... that's about all. Think I can blog more often now that exams are over and I have so much time on my hands. Ciao.