February 17, 2007

Manga!

Wasn't particularly busy but I didn't blog last week coz life is getting increasingly mundane. Spent most of it reading Naruto, and I am finally beginning to realise the appeal of manga. They are so much easier to read than books, and there's no need to mentally visualise the scenes because of the graphic presentation. No worries of being labelled a nerd for reading manga as well, so it's the perfect in-camp reading material apart from common fodder such as FHM and Maxim.
CNY is coming up, along with block leave the whole of next week. Don't have any plans yet, but I'd most probably be summoned back to camp for 1-2 days (sian...). For the rest of the days, with my pocket lined with ang pow money and the $100 from the gahmen as announced in the '07 Budget, I think I would be splurging on food, movies and CDs.

So instead of a new year resolution list I am destined to not fulfil, I shall have a new year wish list which is so much more achievable. LOL.

  • Nice buffet
  • Dreamgirls
  • Letters from Iwo Jima
  • Just Follow Law
  • Tank - 延長比賽 (改版)
  • 曹格 - Superman (改版)
  • 張惠妹 - 愛的力量 10年情歌最精選
  • Norah Jones - Not Too Late
Stef's new album 逆光 is slated for a Mar 21 release and that's the one I am really looking forward to.

I'm so hedonistic and materialistic, I realise. But when you're not exactly enjoying your job, earning peanuts and unable to quit, you do need to seek an emotional outlet. And retail therapy in my case provides relief and keeps me happy, so it's all worth it, I guess.