April 1, 2006

ARGH!!

The only noteworthy events last week were the IPPT Cat Test for which I got my first silver (yeah!!) and the 4.2km batallion run (which didn't feel like 4.2km). Miraculously, I could do a lot more pull-ups than when I was at BMT, after slacking for so long. We also have not been pumped/scolded at all, so the only push-ups we did were during the static PT after the batallion run.

The good news aside, I lost my 11B, SAF EZ-Link card and 42SAR temporary pass on Thursday. In a taxi, most probably. I seem to have a high tendency to lose important things these days... A $50 fine and 3 extras each for the loss of 11B and temp pass, which translates to $100 and 6 extras (weekend guard duties). Fantastic. The first guy in my platoon to get extras. And a good scolding from Encik. And fame+popularity, for saving the rest from weekend guard duties. Haha.

Btw the people in my platoon all have at least 3As, 80% are from the top 5 JCs, and RJ people make up at least a quarter, so Signals is sort of a "scholar" vocation lah. But they are all nice people, no airs, and very down-to-earth. Expected lah, if not they would have made it to command school right. Haha.

I am somewhere in the middle in terms of physical, so not that stressed. I have come to the conclusion that it's actually much better to be near the top of the bottom quartile than to be at the bottom of the top quartile. Haha. Which makes me think I would have performed better in BMT had I been in the PTP batch. But then again, if I had to make that decision once more, I would still have chosen the enhanced route because I can't stand the prospect of staying at Tekong for another 4 weeks. Really.