December 20, 2005

The Joys of Solitude

It's amazing how time flies even as you slack around every day. Btw that's not a typo, it's every day, not everyday. Haha. Anw as I was saying, time slips by faster than you know it, and in 17 days' time, I would be enlisting. I'm kinda looking forward to that day, not because I love BMT, but because I can't wait to get it over and done with. This waiting game is basically a waste of time, coz there's really nothing much you can do in that few remaining weeks that we guys have. I kinda envy the girls, coz I want to work too! For the experience, for the money, to pass time. But as I was discussing with aj the other day, we will earn back all the money after NS coz our pay will be higher by a few hundred bucks per month (assuming the same basic pay lah, duh). =P

Yeah back to the topic, I actually quite enjoy being alone, watching TV, surfing net, reading book, listening to music, etc. I recall there's this chinese essay we had to write in Sec 2, roughly translated as "what I do when I'm alone" (dang1 wo3 du2 chu3 de4 shi2 hou4). I wrote (just for a small part of the essay) that I'd enjoy taking a shower and my teacher commented it's somewhat obscene. Bleh. That's because she's dirty-minded or something (as are all those who have those thoughts as they read this entry), what's wrong with enjoying a long shower and relaxing at the same time...

Haha anw that's beside the point. I kinda relish the thought of not having to put up a mask, nor try to squeeze topics from my brain to talk about. Of course it's not that I don't enjoy company, or that I'm a bloody fako, but sometimes you do indeed try to project yourself as someone you are not, for whatever reasons, if you get me. I tend to believe most, if not all, of us put up different facades when we are with different people. It's part of the imperfect human nature, as I always say.

Another thing is, I can't seem to gather that impulse to initiate outings. There's great inertia on my part, in other words. So I'm passively waiting for others to ask me out. And if that doesn't happen, well I'm perfectly fine being left alone as I am, to spend my time in quiet solitude. There are many things you can't do alone, but there are also many things you can't do without being alone, yeah?

It's getting pretty long, so I shall not go on. The "book review" has been shifted to another entry. Anw I'm (single and) available so you can ask me out if you want. =P Otherwise I will just continue to indulge in the joys of solitude (sounds weird, doesn't it. LOL). Oh yeah, I'm pretty looking forward to seeing Zejia when he books out in a few days' time. Both aik joon and jinny say they can't imagine him bald. Knowing the "vain" guy that he is =X, and how much effort he puts into styling his hair every day, it's gonna be really interesting. Haha. Yes, I'm gloating. ;)