August 29, 2008

Hello! (from Cornell)

The gang would have received a similar message on Facebook but this's for all the rest who are still reading. Yeah I know I haven't blogged in ages!

Hey there! Hope everyone is doing well!

I've settled down at my school and lessons just started today. It's been pretty nice so far - the campus is really pretty (see pictures below!), the people are friendly and the food is good. It's a little cold, but we're all getting used to it.

The campus is really big and it takes me 25min to walk to class every morning! Good exercise though, coz there's a lot of ice-cream here that is cheap (sometimes free!) and good so I really need to stay in shape.

My orientation was super no fun. I didn't have an orientation group because they somehow left me out.. Then there's a lot of admin stuff to settle and the events were like all info sessions or performances, not much in the way of fun and games that you guys get to do in Singapore, even for those with OGs. The only thing that makes up for it is the excitement that comes with being in a new environment.

The past few days have been really hectic, trying to plan my schedule and add classes online. My schedule keeps changing because of all sorts of reasons and it's frustrating. But that's the US system, you can do almost any and every course you want and you plan your own academic career. ChemE major and business minor for me!

Ask me if you want my address so that you can mail me stuff! Like bah gua!

Skype me! Just search for my name (Get Skype! It's free and (really) easy!)

Email: yellowcream@gmail.com

Till next time. Ciao!