November 25, 2007

Temping

The Taiwan trip post should take a while since it'd take some time to sort out all the photos and I'm too lazy to upload them. So I shall blog about my new job first.

Actually, it's nothing much. I am basically an admin assistant in the accounts department of one of the largest toy retailers in Singapore. Pretty obvious, huh. Anyway the job is expectedly straightforward and mundane. I suspect my neurons are suffocating as I stare at the figures and comp screen all day. Well someone has to do it, and having no qualifications other than a worthless A level cert (in the job market context), we are basically the "step 1"'s - the lowest rung in the hierarchy. But at least the salary is decent, the people there are pretty nice, and I have aj for company.

And I have aj to thank for recommending me for the job, though now it's a mess because I reneged on my word to work there for 3 months. I wasn't in the mood to start a new job immediately after returning from Taiwan, and I guess the greater excuse is that I have other plans in January. I was in the midst of finalising it before departing (the prospects didn't look that bright then), then aj's offer came along on the night of departure and I agreed to it without serious thought, then my other plan gets finalised when I returned.

Well I have only myself to blame for two-timing (sort of), and now I have to pay the price by working in a job I never really intended to commit myself to until January, then commence the other job without any respite in between. But I'm more apologetic towards aj, for pang-sehing him. Sorry, bro, I know I'm a bastard but I'd rather be one than turn down the other job. Now they'd need a replacement for me when I leave, so let me know if any of you are interested. The terms are pretty good, esp. if you are looking for an admin job.