July 9, 2006

NDP & WC

Didn't watch the 3rd place match between Portugal and Germany yesterday coz I was too tired after going for the NDP '06 pre-preview with my family. Having watched the P5 preview (tt was eons ago) and most recently, the official NDP 4 years ago, I wasn't really excited by yesterday's parade. Much of it is a rehash of past-year parades, anyway. Besides, national day is more than a month away! But the theme song (sung by Kaira Gong) is one of the best we've had in many years, since Tanya's "Where I Belong".

Btw the parade sergeant major is the new formation sergeant major of armour, and the parade commander is the CO of 1 SIG, so I'm sorta related to them. LOL.

On the other hand, the eagerly anticipated Finals of the World Cup Final is gonna be tml morning! And I'd be watching it with an estimated 1.5 billion people worldwide. I'm rooting for Zizou and Les Bleus, but apparently (and ironically) they wouldn't be wearing blue since they are 'away'... Now bring on the booze and binge!