October 14, 2006

Upbeat!!

Yeah, long weekend ahead! Clearing leave and off on Monday and Tuesday so I've got a long break stretching all the way from Thursday. Booked out on Thursday for a medical appointment with a dermatologist for the rashes on my hand. He suspects I'm allergic to... rifle oil. Have to do this patch test thing to confirm. Does that mean I'll get "excuse rifle" (and hence downgrade) if I'm really allergic? LOL.

Going to K with the gang tomorrow, then movie and dinner. Haven't seen them in ages except Aik Joon. Saw him coz he's one of the new specs who just got posted into 42, along with Alvin, and a certain A*Star scholar I detest. Too bad for them, get posted to such an ulu camp, destined to cheong sua with the "men".

Speaking of A*Star scholars, I know like 1/3 of them. Don't wanna bitch, but it appears that they are taking in so many people, the quality of the scholars is "uneven" at best. Still, there are lots of bright sparks among them (how can we forget the legendary Sheng Rong) so all is not lost for our research industry.

Quite a few movies worth watching this month. There's Rob-B-Hood, American Dream, and the critically-acclaimed (potential oscar contender, according to many reviewers) "The Departed". Should visit GV Vivo one of these days to see what all the hype is about, though I doubt it will replace "the Grand Cathay" as my favourite theatre.

The song you now hear is 梦想天空 which reflects my upbeat mood. Second single in Stef's newest compilation. A bit cheesy since it's the theme song for a MMORG (massive multiplayer online roleplaying game).