September 30, 2006

My story,Your song 經典全記錄

Just bought the deluxe version which is indecently expensive, and I can't say it's worth it coz I have all of Stefanie's previous albums. But how could I not, when this is her landmark swan song with warnermusic?

I just finished listening to the first CD and I was deeply moved even though this is the nth time I have heard those same songs. It's not that I can identify with the lyrics or anything, but they felt so strangely poignant that I could feel my emotions stir. Over the years, her image has changed, her vocal prowess has shone through, and her musical direction has matured, but her newfound status as one of the brightest stars in Asia has not changed one thing - the ability of her music to touch, or to quote the Superstar judges, 感动度.

I still remember the first time I saw her "Leave Me Alone" MV on TV, I was instantly drawn to her distinctive vocals, singing style, and refreshing image. I didn't even know her name, whether she was popular, or that she's fellow Singaporean. Perhaps that's what you call the elusive "X-factor". It's anyone's guess whose album was the first ever CD I bought. 9 albums and 6 years later, I am still very much a fan, and looking forward to her next album with Capitol.