May 21, 2008

Ingrates!

Went back to HC today on a last-minute whim. Coz I got a ride to the main road and ended up at the bus stop opposite, so I thought I might as well pop in and say 'hi' to Ms Wong. Ms Wong very popular sia, another of her student ('06 batch) appeared a few minutes after me and we started chatting. Then Weijian joined in and we talked for >1 hour.

I feel less of an ingrate now because Ms Wong really helped me a lot. All the other teachers did too, but I'm too shy to visit them alone. Wouldn't have known what to say to them. Saw Mr. Tang while I was there, exchanged a few words and it was quite awkward. Should have thanked him for his help lah. Wouldn't have survived physics without him. Thanks Mr. Tang! lol even though I know he won't be reading this.

MZ actually has a point - teachers appreciate ex-students visiting them but they don't always like to entertain such visits. They have to take time off work and think of topics - which inevitably revolves around the future plans and how-the-classmates-are-doing variety - to talk about. And usually the conversation doesn't last very long so he/she would have to find an excuse to shoo you off. Awkward. So I was somewhat glad that the junior and wj were around today.

Happy that I went back today! Anyone wants to go back HC/CHS, jio me! Won't be back for MAF this year. =(

Gonna go watch AI finals. And then Champions League finals later. Couch potato signing off.