December 5, 2005

Spent

I love playing around with puns. I'm sure every one knows "spent" is the past tense of "spend", but besides my financial status, it also reflects my physical circumstance now. Thanks to someone... More on that later.

Went to celebrate my dad's birthday yesterday. Had the international buffet at Plaza Parkroyal hotel. There was the usual tempura, sashimi, shark's fin, desert, etc. etc. I loved the soft shell crab and chocolate fountain. Yum. I know it's very sinful, so I decided to go jogging today. Walked for 20min before I reached Woodlands Stadium, then proceeded to run 2.4km. My timing was atrocious, but it's ok lah, it has been about 5 months since I last ran. Anw it was a horrible mistake, coz I met up with aik joon and alvin later in the afternoon to shop for prom. Here's the route we took:

Orchard MRT -> Heeren -> Wisma -> Far East -> Break at BK @ Wheelock -> Taka -> Heeren (again) -> Centrepoint -> OG Orchard -> Somerset MRT -> Bugis Junction -> Tanjong Pagar MRT -> International Plaza -> Ulu shop near M Hotel.

We basically shopped from 1pm to almost 6.30pm, and aj estimated that we walked for >20km. And the best thing was that I was wearing "new" slippers which gave me blisters and added to the torment. Now my legs are hurting like mad. The culprit? Who else but Mr. Goh. He's so hard to please lah. Want nice design + nice price + nice everything, and of course, with such stringent criteria, nothing caught his eye throughout our 5-hour trek. Not very nice at all. Hello, 5 hours without getting anything? I'd imagine he will be the perfect bf for any girl who loves shopping. LOL. I'm sure he can match her stamina and endurance in shopping. Anw he finally declared that he would be getting something from Topshop @ Wisma (our 2nd stop, FYI) when we were at Bugis. Dots. That's why I gave him the title of "RDS" (rate-determining step), which I think he fully deserves. The same thing happened when we were shopping for V-day angel-mortal gifts. I remember commenting that he's harder to please than the person he's buying the gifts for. How very true. Now you know who to look for if you wanna go shopping... But the experience was quite fun lah, and I'm sure it helped to burn quite a few calories.

Anw I bought shoes at Bugis Junction, and blazer+matching pants at the ulu shop near M Hotel. Spent a grand total of $123, which I am pretty pleased about, considering that the cheapest blazer we could find in Orchard was $109, and a long-sleeve shirt from Topshop easily costs $69. Plus I'm sure the blazer, pants, and shoes can be put to some sort of use in the future.

After that, there was 4A03 class outing. Didn't have dinner with them at Pizzahut coz we were quite broke, but we met up later. Seems like most people haven't changed much. And we sang our good-for-any-occasion (just insert appropriate lyrics) class song for Peng Siang coz his bdae was yesterday. LOL. Left early with mingjian and alvin coz I was really too tired and wasn't in the condition to entertain the idea of a drinking session. Shall spend tml and Wednesday resting at home.