May 20, 2006

YEAH!!!

Zejia made it into Med!!! Mighty congrats, he's the man! I knew he would make it lor, and my intuition usually very accurate one. LOL. Anw he's in high spirits now, and I'm really happy for him too, that he has shaken off the looming darkness that not so long ago troubled him so immensely. Well for one he can disrupt from NS (more specifically OCS, that eeky place), and I think it's something he really wants to do, so, good for him! Good for me too, coz having a doctor as a friend would come in handy some time down the road, I am sure. =) Ermmm in return, can call me if you all have any problems with your pipes or drainage. LOL.

Watched DVC with my family today. It's actually not as bad as I thought it would be, having read all those reviews. But still, it's mediocre at best and I think it helped that I did not step into the cinema with exceedingly high expectations. In fact, I wanted to watch "Over The Hedge", which had much better reviews.

A word of caution to those who intend to watch the movie: Read the book or you might not understand some parts of the plot. Also, you wouldn't be able to appreciate the movie as much, coz it only glosses over the riddles/puzzles, which is what really made the book exciting IMHO (rather than the controversial religious theme). Seriously, it would have been difficult to do the book justice considering the content we are dealing with, so I would say it was a reasonable effort on the part of the screenwriter and director.

Tom Hanks, like the movie, was mediocre. Audrey Tautou was slightly better, look out for the scene in which she confronts Silas. Sir Ian McKellen was brilliant, as usual. There's this part in DVC where Sir McKellen (Leigh Teabing) says to Robert and Sophia, "You may pass." Sounds familiar? Yes, coz Gandalf roared "You shall not pass!" in LOTR. Haha, just some trivia I thought I would share. Anw Sir McKellen played Gandalf, Leigh Teabing and Magneto. Do you see a pattern? All wise and powerful old men! LOL. I like the way his eyes twinkle with mischief.

Booking in for guard duty tomorrow. Going back to 42 on Wed/Thu. Sianz. Shall watch "Over The Hedge" and "X-men III" next week. Ciao!